Sunday, June 3, 2007

Getting ready for NMC

It's getting down to crunch time for the New Media Consortium. I talked to Ben about his part of the project, and it sounds like all is peachy! My part of the poster session is going really well, although I do need to get some supplies for making the food boxes. A moment of explanation might be in order...

Since Ben and I are making the "New Media Refrigerator" (for lack of a better name) I decided to share my poster points on labels for food items that would eventually go into the fridge... The
New Media Refrigerator is just that, it is an actual refrigerator that is a new media project. But it is crazier than that! You will need to come to the nmc2007 poster sessions to see!

I have gleaned the students' blogs for cool stuff and there is plenty! I think I will present them in a plastic container and their brand will be "Blog-O-Bites" with prints of the items rolled up like snack sticks, or something... I already have "Sideways Pop-Overs" and "Auntie Beth's Extra Curious Recipe Question Dip" along with anothe
r package that deconstructs creating an abstract painting from photography. I will post more pictures later, but here is a preview of the layout for the "Sideways Pop-Overs" (imagine it cut out and folded along the dotted lines and glued in the shape of a real food box - think TV dinner...)

2 comments:

SalmonGod said...

I like that image... the use of arrows is really effective at conveying that "sideways" feel... looking at it all flattened out that way, it's even a little disorienting, which I think is a good thing here

Alan said...

I love the metaphor and cannot wait to see it in person.

And these snacks sound like they will be quite nutritious!